Neighborhood Coordinators,Block Captains, Ham Operators and YOU! are all needed for Monday’s “Neighbors helping Neighbors” Emergency Preparedness Program
- Quarterly meeting set for this Monday, July 15th @ 7pm in the education classroom of Fire Station #1 on Community Rd. & Civic Center Dr.
Our Regular meeting for all NEC’s but invite for all PNEC Members to come be a part of Poway’s “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” Volunteer Emergency Preparedness Program. Our individual Poway Neighborhoods need more volunteers, who have love of community and a concern and desire to help their neighbors especially those who may be less able to help themselves, to step up and lead this proactive approach of safety and resiliency for their own neighborhood in case of natural or man-made emergency events.
- PNEC (powaynec.com) Volunteers & our Poway City Preparedness Manager will be on hand to guide in ways to organize your neighborhood, assess needs and how to communicate with each other in case of an emergency.
- Meet other Coordinators and Ham Operators
- Learn about the Poway City Volunteer ID card and why it might be a good idea to be have one for your neighborhood. Applications & processing available during the meeting.
- Obtain materials to utilize in developing your own neighborhood “Neighbor helping Neighbor” emergency program.
Even if your neighborhood has a coordinator already, and it is not you, we/they still need assistants and block captains to help during an emergency event so as to quickly spread emergency information and/or help if needed. Please consider attending so you understand this vital program and what part you may be able to help with, no matter how small, so that we are all working together as a team towards the larger goal of quick recovery. Neighbors will be the first to know in an event who needs help and can better direct the next layer of help when and if it arrives. Please consider the important role you could play in a real emergency. You will be involved anyways so why not get some training behind you to help? Please call or email me with any questions.
Poway Neighborhood Emergency Corps.
“Neighbors Helping Neighbors”
Like us on Facebook